We operate an online service that provides users with information and recommendations for travel and travel planning, including flights, accommodation and attractions. In this policy, these are collectively referred to as our “services”. These services may be accessed via computer, phone, table or similar devices, collectively referred to as “device”.
2. What is a cookie?
Cookies can come from different sources; if the cookie comes from our website it is a “first-party cookie”, if we allow others, such as suppliers and business partners, to service cookies, these are “third-party cookies".
Cookies can also be classified as either “session cookies” or “permanent cookies”. Session cookies only exist until you close your browser, whereas permanent cookies have a longer lifespan and aren't automatically deleted when you close your browser.
We also use other tracking technologies which are similar to cookies. These can include web beacons (also known as pixel tags, web bugs, or gifs), tracking URLs, or software development kits (SDKs). We use a tag called a pixel which is a tiny graphic image of just one pixel that can be stored in your browser as part of a web page request, in an advertisement, in a marketing email or newsletter. Pixels can be used to retrieve info from your device, like your device type or operating system, IP address, and time of visit. We use these to see which content, in marketing emails or newsletters, is of interest to you. We may then use this information to send content which appears to be more relevant to you.
All these technologies together are referred to in this Cookie Statement as “cookies."
3. How are cookies used?
Cookies are used for different purposes. They allow you to be recognized as the same user across the different pages of a website or between websites. Cookies collect a variety of information, including; IP address, device ID, viewed pages, browser details, browsing information, operating system, internet service provider, timestamp, the referring URL and engagement with advertisements, marketing emails and newsletters.
Essential cookies: To create your user account, to sign you in etc. These technical cookies are absolutely necessary for our website to function properly…
Functional cookies: We also use functional cookies to remember your preferences and help you use our website and apps efficiently and effectively…
Analytical cookies: We use these cookies to understand you better as a customer, which means we can optimise our website, understand the effectiveness of marketing emails and newsletters, and ensure our content continues to be interesting and relevant. The data we collect in this category may include XXX.
4. Your choices
You may reject cookies, although this may affect the functioning of our services. Cookies optimise our services and personalise your experience, if you restrict or disable cookies it can limit functionality and prevent websites from working properly at all. By browsing our website, you agree that we and our selected third parties (listed below) can use data collected by the cookies you allow, as described in this policy. If you do not agree, you can withdraw your consent by setting your browser to reject cookies (details below).
To learn more about cookies and how to manage or delete them, visit allaboutcookies.org and the “Help” section of your browser. Further information about advertising cookies, and how to manage them, can be found at youronlinechoices.eu (EU based), or aboutads.info (US based).
There are several ways to manage cookies:
- You can set your browser to prevent cookies from being accepted. In the settings for browsers like Internet Explorer, Safari, Firefox or Chrome, you can set which cookies to accept and which to reject. Where you find these settings depends on your browser, please refer to the "Help" function in your browser to locate theses settings.
- You can also set some browsers to send you an alert when a website is trying to place a cookie on your device.
- You can block cookies by activating the setting on your browser to refuse some cookies. However, if your browser settings to block essential cookies, for example, some website access and features may be unavailable.
- You can delete cookies already stored in your browser by “clearing cookies”. It won’t prevent new ones being accepted unless you change your settings, as detailed above. Clearing cookies on one browser of one device does not automatically clear them on another. You need to clear all browsers on all devices, independently.
- You can refuse specific cookies, by using that specific cookie’s opt-out process. Details of individual cookies can be found in the table at the end of this policy.
In order to control the collection of data for analytical purposes through Google Analytics from certain browser types, visit the Google Analytics Opt-out Browser Add-on (for desktop only).
We are not responsible for the content or cookies from external websites. If you follow a link from our services to a third-party website, any browsing and interaction is subject to that website's or other third-party notices and policies, which we recommend you read.
If you have any questions about this Policy or how your personal data is managed, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.